Your source for North Carolina early childhood reports and data.
Using NC ECIDS Data
Our data can help provide answers and insights to questions related to North Carolina's early childhood programs and services.
For the public
Create a high quality, comprehensive, integrated early childhood data system for North Carolina to inform policies and practices that produce better outcomes for children and families.
These programs make our mission a reality.
We take our mission seriously and recognize the sensitivity around the data we integrate and place in reports. Accordingly, NC ECIDS fully commits to the following "wills" and "will nots".
NC ECIDS will...
- Integrate data in order to answer key program and policy questions
- Provide counts of children who receive multiple early childhood services
- Produce aggregate reports for common program & policy questions
- Provide data elements for approved research requests
- Include only children who are receiving services from participating programs (not every child in NC)
NC ECIDS will not...
- Evaluate or track individual children, teacher, centers or schools
- Release names, SSN, addresses, pictures or client children and parents
- Give access to data without a thorough review of each request or without a clear and demonstratable need-to-know
- Allow use of data without strict guidelines and terms in place for the proper handling of and disposal of data
We believe early childhood integrated data will lead to:
into how early childhood services are utilized across NC
to key early childhood policy and program questions
regarding use and refinement of early childhood programs
for the children and families of North Carolina